In a nutshell, Qatar Airways Student Club is an exclusive program for students with curated benefits supporting them on their educational journey overseas.
‘Student Club’ is part of a wider transformation of Qatar Airways Privilege Club redesigned to guarantee all passengers are rewarded for their sustained loyalty. Realizing loyalty is not a one-size-fits-all process, the move is also a clever way of broadening the airline’s appeal to attract Gen Z travelers at an early stage of their lives – with the potential to maintain their loyalty as their careers take off in the future.
What Do You Get
While Membership is free, what you will receive include:
- Flight Discounts — The savings are real. Enroll, and you receive 10% off a fare. Fly, and you receive a 15% off voucher code for your next flight. Fly again, and you receive a 20% off code.
- Extra baggage allowance — Receive an extra 10kg or an additional piece of baggage, depending on destination.
- Date change flexibility – one complimentary date change with promo code.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi — Book direct with Qatar Airways and receive complimentary Super Wi-Fi onboard which will surely make millennials and Gen Z’s happy.
- Privilege Club Tier Upgrade — Travel with Qatar Airways on a paid ticket at least once a year and receive a Privilege Club tier as a graduation gift enabling you to enjoy the benefits even after your student days have passed. If you’re already a top-tier Platinum member, your status will be extended for another year.
- Refer-a-friend bonus —Refer a friend to Qatar Airways Student Club and receive 5,000 bonus Qmiles.
Not just that, Qatar Airways will soon be adding family benefits to the Students Club as well. When it is time for your friends and family to visit, benefit from additional savings for your flight companions as a Student Club member, making it easier to stay connected with your loved ones throughout the school year.
unlike regular elite status cardholders, Student Club members will only receive a digital card, which can be stored in their mobile wallet or Qatar Airways mobile app
Members of Student Club are also automatically enrolled in Privilege Club. This means they can earn Qmiles when traveling with airlines in the Oneworld alliance, or any of Qatar Airways’ airline partners (as well as the airline itself).
- Students enrolled in full or part-time education. This includes studying for a degree with a higher education institution.
- Age between 18 and 30 years.
- Provide the expected graduation date during registration. Students can be a member for up to seven years
- The program is open to students worldwide.
How to Join
You can join using the below link:
It is a no-brainer for a student to sign up for Qatar’s Student Club if they fly with the airline. You never know when you might be able to use some of the benefits offered by the program.
The program is naturally an offshoot route into the Privilege Club program with the eventual aim that these students will convert into loyal members for Qatar Airways. While forgoing the obvious fact that the carrier is clearly enticing you with these benefits in the hopes that you’ll never look at another airline again, it does represent a bold new approach for loyalty programs, as they recognize that your loyalty is not a one size fits all equation.
And who knows, Qatar Airways Student Club could be the kicker, earn enough points, or get addicted to the flying rewards, you may find yourself fully addicted for life. With that free upgrade after graduation perk, you may go from no elite status to Privilege Club Silver enabling you business class check-in, or if you hold that Privilege Club Gold and get that complimentary lounge access.