Delta Air Lines offers a range of cabin classes to suit your needs and preferences. From the budget-friendly Basic Economy to the luxurious Delta One, there’s something for everyone. In this article, we’ll explore the various classes of travel offered by Delta Air Lines, as well as the unique features and benefits of each.
Table of contents
Identifying Your Seat Using Fare Basis Codes
In almost all markets, Delta will use the second from the last character in the fare basis code, regardless of the number of characters in the code, to identify the branded product. All Fare Basis Codes are limited to no more than 8 characters. Domestic markets (US and Canada) typically use all 8 characters,
|Domestic Branded Fare Product||2nd to last Character Position||Fare Basis Code Example|
|First Class F-Upsell fares||F||XAVNA0FE|
|Delta Comfort+||C or I||TLX81PCD|
|Main Cabin||M or E||KA7UA0MC|
- Available on domestic and international flights
Basic Economy is Delta’s value-fare product for price-conscious customers. Although restrictions apply, passengers who purchase a Basic Economy fare will still enjoy the same Main Cabin experience as other customers, including Delta’s world-class service, a Main Cabin seat, complimentary snacks, meals, non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages (depending on flight distance), Wi-Fi for purchase, and free access to hours of movies, shows, and more on Delta Studio.
Key restrictions of Basic Economy include:
- Seat assignments are available for purchase starting seven days from departure until 24 hours prior to departure; otherwise, seat assignments are only available after check-in or at the gate for no fee.
- Passengers travelling together, including families, may not be seated together.
- Not eligible for same-day changes or ticket refunds.
- Boarding in the last zone.
- Overhead bin space may be limited.
To learn more about Basic Economy and its restrictions, check out this article.
Main Cabin Economy
- Available on domestic and international flights
Delta’s Main Cabin Economy offers passengers a comfortable flying experience with a range of amenities. Enjoy a choice of four snack options during the flight and complimentary Starbucks coffee or non-alcoholic beverages on flights over 250 miles; select flights offer food for purchase. Meal service is available on most long-haul international flights.
On board, passengers have access to Wi-Fi, where available, and complimentary entertainment from Delta Studio, including a selection of TV shows, movies, and music. Customers who purchase a Basic Economy fare will also travel in Delta’s Main Cabin and experience the same superior onboard experience as customers who purchase a Main Cabin fare.
- Available on nearly all Delta and Delta Connection aircraft system-wide
Delta Comfort+ provides passengers with an enhanced flying experience, offering more space to stretch out and relax. With up to 3 more inches of legroom on long-haul international and select domestic flights, early boarding, and dedicated overhead bin space, Delta Comfort+ ensures a more comfortable journey.
In addition to extra legroom, Delta Comfort+ customers enjoy seat location toward the front of the plane, complimentary pillows, blankets, sleep kits, and headsets on long-haul international flights and certain domestic transcontinental flights, as well as complimentary meal service on long-haul international flights and select long-haul domestic flights.
Want to know more about Delta Comfort+ – Check this article out.
Delta Premium Select
- Available on select international flights
Delta Premium Select, more akin to a premium economy cabin, offers passengers an enhanced travel experience with more space to stretch out and relax, a wider seat, additional recline, and an adjustable footrest and leg rest on select widebody aircraft. This cabin type is technically not part of the economy class but is a separate cabin type altogether.
Passengers will enjoy the following features in the Delta Premium Select cabin:
- More personal space with up to 38 inches of pitch, up to 19 inches of width, and up to 7 inches of recline. Delta Premium Select seats also offer adjustable leg rests and headrests.
- Upgraded amenity kit offering eyeshades, socks, LE LABO facial mist and lip balm, and other travel essentials.
- A high-resolution (up to 13.3-inch) in-flight entertainment screen that is among the largest in its class, allowing customers to stay entertained with Delta Studio’s industry-leading library of complimentary movies, shows, games, and noise-cancelling headsets.
- In-seat power ports for large and small devices and convenient storage to keep them within reach.
- Sky Priority service, which includes faster check-in, accelerated security, and expedited baggage service.
Domestic Delta One
- Available on select domestic flights
Domestic Delta One offers customers a higher standard of flying with must-have amenities that are not available on just any airline. On board, passengers have access to a 180-degree flat-bed seat, a dedicated flight attendant, and an assortment of special amenities that make the journey a comfortable one.
Complimentary Delta Sky Club access and Sky Priority check-in, security, and baggage service are available. Once it’s time to board, Delta One customers will board first so they can settle in and enjoy the Delta One experience.
- Available on long-haul international flights and select long-haul domestic markets
Delta One offers passengers a luxurious flying experience, with a dedicated in-cabin flight attendant and a range of amenities designed to make a difference. On board, passengers have access to a 180-degree flat-bed seat, most with direct aisle access, and bedding made from recycled polyester and a down-alternative pillow.
In addition, Delta One customers enjoy chef-curated meals and a wide selection of complimentary beer, spirits, and fine wine. Complimentary Delta Sky Club access is available before the flight, and passengers can stay entertained with Delta Studio on a personal device or seatback screen with noise-cancelling headsets.
- Available on domestic routes (within the 50 U.S. and between the 50 U.S. and Canada)
Delta’s First Class Experience offers a premium cabin experience that puts customers’ needs first. First Class passengers enjoy premium seats with ample legroom, new quilted seat covers and updated headrests, dedicated overhead bin space, Wi-Fi (where available), and personalized service.
On most flights, passengers have access to in-seat power and premium menu offerings (on select flights), premium snacks, Starbucks coffee, plus complimentary beer, wine, and spirits. In addition, First Class passengers have access to complimentary premium entertainment with Delta Studio™, where available, and the Delta Sky Priority experience, which features speedy check-in, accelerated security and baggage handling, and premium boarding.