American Airlines hides their dedicated AAdvantage Platinum status and other elite contact telephone numbers behind a convoluted tree of numbers – meaning unless you know where the number is you will not be able to get hold of it.
For ease find the relevant numbers below
The AAdvantage Platinum member’s contact telephone number is 1-800-843-3000.
For other American Airlines AAdvantage membership tiers:
- The American Airlines AAdvantage Basic member’s telephone number is 1-800-882-8880
- The American Airlines AAdvantage Gold member’s telephone number is 1-800 848 4653;
- The American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum Pro member’s telephone number is 1-800-221-2000;
- The American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum member’s telephone number is 1-800-843-6200 (English) or 1-800-792-2990 (Spanish);
- The American Airlines Business Extra telephone number is 1-800-433-1790, 7:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. (CT) Monday – Friday and 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (CT) Saturday and Sunday.
Additional Useful Numbers:
|French||1-800-756-8613||7 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Portuguese||1-866-824-8717||6 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|Creole||1-800-833-5767||7 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Mandarin Chinese||1-800-492-8095||24 hours|
|Hearing & speech impaired||Dial 711 to be connected through the National Relay Service||24 hours|
American Airlines Call Centre Opening Times
The US AAdvantage number is open from 7 am to 10 pm (CT), 7 days a week.
Outside these times, international contact numbers are your best bet to have your queries resolved.
For US residents, calling either the Far Eastern or European telephone numbers are your best bet.
- For the UK – the number is +44 207 660 2300. The number is open 24 hours daily
- For Hong Kong – the number is +852 3057 9197 open 24 hours daily
The full list of contact numbers can be found on this page on the American Airlines website